The school library is run by the library assistants and Sr. Brigid. The library opening times are Monday-Friday mornings at 08:25-08:50 and Monday-Thursday lunchtimes at 01:15-01:55.
The library assistants 2015-2016 school year are:
6th Year: Orla Dillon (senior library assistant)
5th Year: Sadie Byrne, Emma Doyle, Sophie Hamzat, Cerys McAllister, Eimear O'Connor, Clodagh Plunkett, Beatrice Read & Emily Walsh (deputy senior library assistant)
4th Year: Brenda Haman & Emily O'Rourke
3rd Year: Grace Carey, Reynalyn Jay Pana & Cerys Walsh
2nd Year: Aliyat Ayinde, Eilis Curtin, Sofia Di-Stefano, Hanna Jordan, Rachael Lawlor, Erin McCafferty, Aoife O' Doherty, Isobel O'Dwyer, Lara O'Heinigh, Emma Ryan & Nicolette Samochvalova
1st Year: Sarah Bird, Roisin Cunningham, Tulallah Early, Nina Etseyaise, Maggie O'Boyle, Orla O'Boyle, Mia-Jane Orbinski & Carrington Thompson
Library Assistant Duties
- We assist Sr. Bridget with running and maintaining the library
- We supervise students who are studying, reading or using the computers.
- We make sure no-one eats or drinks in the library and everyone observes silence at all times (especially in the computer area).
- We clean the library and hoover, when possible.
- We arrange and set up the library for important events: Parent-Teacher meetings, Board of Management meetings etc.
- We check that all books are in the correct sections and fiction books are in order.
- We scan borrowed & returned books.
- We also repair books, if necessary.
Our aim this year (2015-2016) is to encourage students to come to the library to...
• Take out/return/renew/reserve books for up to a month.
• Catch up on homework.
• Use the computers for research.
• Finish a project and print it out.
• Hold a meeting- Student Council, Meitheal, Staff, Debating, Equestrian, Parents Association, Board of Management, Mini-Company, etc.
Types of books in the school library
There are many different types of books available in the library for you to read and borrow!
• Romance • Junior Fiction • Sci-fi • Adventure
• Language books- Magazines, books, dictionaries, etc. in Irish, French, Spanish and German.
• Revise Wise revision books- most subjects available for Junior Cert and Leaving Cert
• Classics • Senior Fiction • School books • All-time favourites
We update our collection of books as much as possible in growing popularity with new series and new books.